Ciao! Of all the questions from clients on an on-going basis, the one we get asked most often is where and when will be the next CRIF Lending Solutions Forum.
We know everyone prefers to make plans early, and we try our best to make all of the arrangements at least 12 months in advance to facilitate those needs. But after successful meetings in New Orleans (2011), Colorado Springs, Co. (2012), Savannah, Ga. (2013), San Diego (2015), and San Antonio (2017), it can be challenging to continuously improve our signature event. So, based on the Forum surveys received after our last Forum, the quest began. We considered 10 different cities and have finally narrowed it down to one.
The 2019 CRIF Lending Solutions Forum will be held April 28-May 1 in a city with several distinctions. Here are some clues:
- There is no official documentation on how this city received its name, although it’s known that the city was originally named Jernigan, after the first permanent settler in the area. Some believe its current name is for a character in Shakespeare’s “As You Like It.”
- This city wasn’t incorporated until 1875. Its population at the time was 85 with only 22 of its residents eligible to vote.
- It has had various nicknames throughout its history including City Phenomenal and City of Light, and it is currently known as The City Beautiful.
- Joseph Kittinger grew up in this city. In 1984, he became the first hot air balloon pilot to complete a solo crossing of the Atlantic Ocean. Kittinger took off in Caribou, Maine, on September 14. Eighty-six hours later, his helium vessel touched down in Montenotte, Italy.
- In May of 1981, a sinkhole swallowed a three-bedroom home, five Porsches and parts of two different streets in a suburb of this city. When it finally stopped growing, the hole had become 75-feet deep by 350-feet wide, which became the largest sinkhole event witnessed by man as a result of natural geological reasons or conditions.
- This city is home to the biggest collection of Tiffany glass anywhere in the world. Louis Comfort Tiffany's work includes pottery, paintings, art glass, leaded-glass lamps and windows; his chapel interior from the 1893 World's Columbian Exposition in Chicago; as well as art and architectural objects from his Long Island country estate, Laurelton Hall.
- According to Expedia, this city was the third-most visited U.S. city in 2017.
- This city is home to what’s billed as the world’s largest entertainment McDonald’s. A 19,000 square-foot marvel, it boasts more than 50 arcade games and a children’s jungle gym that stands 20-feet high.
- The NBA team was almost known as the Juice.
- Motion pictures that were filmed in this city include Passenger 57, D.A.R.Y.L., Jaws 3, My Girl, Parenthood, Problem Child 2, Lethal Weapon 3, Dead Presidents, The Waterboy, Olive Juice, Monster as well as scenes in Apollo 13, Days of Thunder, Transformers, Armageddon, 2 Fast 2 Furious, Magic Mike, My Girl and Ocean's 11.
- This city’s international airport served an estimated 44.6 million passengers in 2017 making it the busiest airport in the state.
- Gatorland, the first theme park in this city, opened in 1949. Its main attraction was a 15-foot long gator that was said to be the biggest in the world.
- This city and the surrounding area were originally the main hub of the state’s citrus industry. After a disastrous freeze right before the 1900s, farmers began moving their citrus crops south.
Now, if those 13 obscure clues to the host city’s name weren’t enough, we are unveiling our Forum for the first time below and the secret is now out. It is O-Town, Orlando, Fla.
We are headed to the Sunshine State for our next gathering of clients for networking, education, training, and definitely a little fun thrown in for good measure. We have started planning the three-day program, and we will have more to announce in future blogs. These announcements will include the official Forum hotel, keynote and plenary speakers, registration details, the CRIF Next Level Achievement Award nominations, the trip to Italy drawing and special evening events. Blog subscribers find out all the information first. We look forward to seeing all of you in Orlando next spring. Ciao¹!
Speaking of our awards, Meritrust Credit Union was one of our winners in San Antonio. Meritrust’s auto decisioning increased by approximately 21 percent for direct and 30 percent for indirect. The credit union eliminated an estimated 120 clicks from the administrative process, and the platform’s DocuSign integration provided a more consistent member experience that has opened more doors for growth opportunities.
To read more about this success story, please click the button below to request a complimentary copy of our case study.
Photo Credit: Juozas Šalna
¹In order to get you ready for the trip to Italy (should you win the drawing at the 2019 Forum), we are going to introduce you to several words and phrases that will benefit you while you are there. The word "ciao" (pronounced like ‘chow’ in English) is an informal salutation in the Italian language that is used for both "hello" and "goodbye."